To assist members of public with the disposal of waste at Household Waste Recycling Centre at High Wycombe , SL7 3DJ
Ideally the candidate will have their own transport to commute to site and be flexible to travel to other nearby locations if required
Days will vary on a weekly basis, however as much notice will be given as possible. Ad Hoc days will be required to assist cover holiday & sick leave for the client. There is the possibility that this role may lead to FULL TIME employment.
This role would suit someone who is flexible to work part-time up to full-time hours on a weekly basis Monday-Sunday
Due to health and safety reasons, we cannot accept applications from anybody under the age of 18.
Working hours are currently 9am-6pm (8.30am if induction needed at each site)
- Assisting members of public with the disposal of their waste within the HWRC
- Sorting and moving waste streams deposited by members of the public into the appropriate location and waste stream e.g. paints
- Moving large electrical items into the appropriate storage area
- Escorting members of the public to specific containers
- Complying with the site license and health and safety procedures.
- Ensuring good housekeeping within the site is maintained.
- Litter picking to ensure waste does to escape and complies with the site license.
- Enforcing traffic management within the HWRC and directing traffic as and when required.
- Assessing and making a judgment as to whether certain vehicles are depositing of waste from a trade waste origin.
- Maintaining housekeeping within the mess facilities.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Keen to work as part of a team
- Health and safety minded
- Good customer service skills
- Polite and helpful
Safety Boots & PPE must be worn on site all all times
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.