RAMS Engineer - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for experienced RAMS Engineers with a minimum of 5 years Rail/LU experience (ESSENTIAL) to join them on a contract basis in their Central London office to work on the 4 Lines Modernisation (4LM) programme.
The purpose for this role is to implement the application of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) techniques for infrastructure projects such as LVAC, OPO CCTV, SER, Depot &^ ESTL. The successful candidate will undertake FRACAS root cause analysis for various infrastructure projects as required, produce periodic RAM reports as required by the senior management to the stipulated time scales, undertake RAM activities using standard RAM techniques in 4LM Upgrade projects, coordinate RAM activities with project RAM activities to ensure full coverage of 4LM-delivered systems is achieved efficiently and develop and maintain, as required, RAM models to support the financial approval for proposals for infrastructure development and demonstrate the viability of all infrastructure related proposals during the migration from legacy stock to full operation of the new fleet.
The successful candidate will support the Production of the 4-weekly 4LM programme level RAM report, reliability forecasts and key performance indicators as required. Other responsibilities include implementing and developing RAM databases, spread sheets and reports. You will be accountable for the 4LM RAM process for Infrastructure and Depot activities, own the 4LM Infrastructure and Depot RAM plan documents and review them regularly and update as necessary to deliver continuous improvement.
This role is predominantly office based but will involve occasional visits to project locations, depots and suppliers.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in RAM Engineering in the rail industry - essential!
- Good knowledge of railway engineering systems and principles
- Good knowledge of railway operating and maintenance practices
- Advanced user of MS Excel and databases; excellent data management and general computer skills
- Understanding of LU fault and failure database systems such as CuPID and Ellipse (or comparable systems in other railway administrations or supply industries
- Proven record in the use of RAM techniques on complex system projects
- Highly competent in RAM analysis and use of RAM techniques such as FMECA, RBDs and fault trees using RAM tools such as Availability workbench and Reliability workbench
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with other team members, suppliers' personnel and colleagues in other projects.
- Competent in managing DRACAS/FRACAS process in complex system projects.
- Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance or equivalent methodologies.
- Competent in RAMS modelling toold such as Reliability Work Bench, or Fault Tree Plus
- Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred, e.g. IET or ImechE
- Strong Excel skills - Regular use of pivot tables and advanced
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.