Meridian Business Support Limited - Health Division - Clinical - are urgently recruiting for a:
RADIOGRAPHY ASSISTANT to work in an Imaging Centre within a Clinic in Cheltenham.
The scanner facility is provided and operated by a Medical Charity.
Work type: Part time for 3 months - for full or part weeks
The unit operates: Monday to Friday but some weekend work may be required
Hours: 08:00 - 18:00
Hourly pay rate: from £8.50 + holiday pay
Start date: ASAP
The successful Candidate will be required to:
- Help with screen patients prior to examination and accurately record data onto the computer system.
- Help escort, reassure, and support, physically and emotionally patients to and from the imaging unit.
- Provide information to patients about the service and help position the patient being scanned.
- Update the computer systems accordingly and complete other administrative tasks and reception duties related to the role.
- Dispense drugs under the direction of medical practitioner and record medication dispensed.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge required:
- GCSE pass and ideally an NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care.
- Experience in a patient focussed, health care environment including knowledge of Health and Safety and Infection Control
- Good communication, listening and people skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good administrative skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Safeguarding, Data Protection, Confidentiality and Information Governance policies.
Please note: This role requires a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
For more information please contact Julie Proctor at our Bristol branch on 0117 906 5816 or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.