Covering Liverpool and the North West this regional office of a major UK and International contractor has become the dominant market leader in the civil engineering arena. Covering projects from Highways, Water, Rail and Infrastructure they are leading the way these schemes that range from £5 million to £500 million. With succession management at the fore front of their recruitment drive there is a serious need to increase the already very successful regional commercial team.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Liverpool/North West
Package: Negotiable Salary, Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
- Preparation and implementation of a project specific commercial strategy to ensure robust cost management and production of Project Monthly Reports in accordance with the BB Rail reporting timetable
- Ensure measure and value is accurately and auditably measured in a timely manner to comply with financial guidelines
- Ensure robust cost control & budget management through the implementation of commercial review processes in accordance with GMCE's and commercial manual monitored via commercial dashboards
- Ensure contemporary record keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract
- Produce and maintain "First Principle" detailed forecast cost to completion underpinned by a fully restored programme in accordance with GMCE requirements
- Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, at least part would have been obtained in a similar, relevant environment.
- Experience of financial and commercial control within a project environment.
- An understanding of Contract Law and Insurances
- Knowledge of differing standard forms of contract
- Working knowledge of risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles
- Ability to provide contract advice to teams
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and results focus
- Effective negotiation skills - with internal and external customers
- IT literate
- Ability to analyse data
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.