Quantity Surveyor - Nottingham - Developer - Up to £65,000 p.a. plus package
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a long established volume house builder within their commercial team in Nottingham.
This is a new and exciting company that have grown from strength to strength over the last few years. This position provides an excellent opportunity to engage with the construction team across the full spectrum of the development process.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Support in the preparation of land viability appraisals
- Valued input into the design development process
- The preparation of budgets for the construction team
- The preparation of detailed cost plans
- The appointment of sub-contractors & suppliers
- Support in the buying process
- Ownership of timely reporting and accountability for the cost management of all development costs.
The role is varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisation skills are essential. You should be self-motivated and pro-active with the ability to meet strict deadlines. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and are a competent user of the MS Office suite of applications.
Ideally you will have worked with a house building company for a minimum of 5 years and will have experience of appraisals and material buying. You will ideally have exposure to civils and groundwork (278 works) packages as well as the traditional build and timber frame projects. You will be qualified to HND or degree level and be capable of critiquing/value engineering proposed designs, both construction and civil orientated.
In return for an enthusiastic, committed individual with fastidious attention to detail, an excellent package with a number of fantastic benefits is on offer.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.