Quantity Surveyor - Traffic & Highways - London
Our client, London's transportation provider, are looking for multiple experienced Quantity Surveyors on a contract basis to join an established Highways Team on a short term contract basis.
The roles are going to be based in the client's Central London office, the successful candidates will provide support to the Assistant Contract Managers in the delivery of Quantity Surveying and contractual management services within the LoHAC Contract Management Team.
Please note that this role is a short term contract running until the end of April
- Maintaining contractual schedules and correspondence inventories
- Providing support to the Assistant Contract Manager in the preparation of budget forecasts and cost plans
- Providing support to the Assistant Contract Manager in the preparation of contract documents and associated tendering information
- Ratifying the accuracy of priced submissions received from the contractors
- Reviewing and assisting the Assistant Contract Manager in the administration of contractual changes as they arise, including management of Early Warnings and assessment of Compensation Events
- Providing support to the Assistant Contract Manager regarding the Contractor's entitlement to interim and final payment including establishing Target Costs, assessing Defined Costs and calculating Pain/Gain share entitlements
- Assisting the Assistant Contract Manager in the administration of contractual claims and dispute resolution
- Building and maintaining effective collaborative relationships with the Directorate Client organisations, LoHAC Contract Management Team and LoHAC Contractor
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Qualification in a technical subject (e.g. Chartered Quantity Surveyor / Engineer) or working towards one
- A good understanding of contract document preparation, contract management processes and procedures
- Experience of assisting in the handling of claims and disputes
- A working knowledge of procurement techniques and contract forms particularly NEC3
- An understanding of commercial and financial reporting within a project, programme or portfolio environment
- Personal interaction skills: Flexibility of approach with the ability to work individually or as a member of a team in a collaborative environment both within TfL and also across contractual boundaries
- Communication skills: Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing
- Analytical and numerical skills: A working knowledge of construction measurement and valuation techniques
- Presentation skills: Ability to create and deliver presentations to groups in an interactive setting
- A good understanding of construction contracts and Bills of Quantities and their respective preparation
- A good understanding of works measurement and valuation including the cost and value reconciliation of contractor and/or subcontractor accounts preferably within a highways maintenance and renewal environment
- An appreciation of the workings of the public sector
- An understanding of the transport issues affecting London
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.