Our client is one of the world's largest producers of silicone's and silicone derivatives. A global leader in the development and manufacture of products derived from quartz and speciality ceramics with more than 5000 employees worldwide. They currently have an opening for a Quality Technician at their compounding facility in Lostock, Bolton. The main duties of the role are-
Involvement in the day to day functions of the Laboratory, including;
- Preparation of custom compound test samples.
- QC testing of custom compounds.
- Preparation of samples for customers.
- Provision of laboratory support for production.
- Claims investigation.
- Filing and archiving of all QC test data and batch documentation.
- Organise QC sample retains.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping within the laboratory.
- Health & Safety projects.
- Assistance to manufacturing operations.
Ideally, candidates will have-
- 2 A levels / HNC one of which should ideally be a science subject.
- Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics.
- Working experience in a laboratory would be an advantage.
- Experience with using computers.
Please note the above qualifications are for guidance and are not a necessity. Candidates, who are well organised, enjoy practical tasks and have an eye for detail are ideally suited to the role.
The standard working hours are 8am- 4.30pm Monday- Friday.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.