If you are an experienced Quality Inspector with time-served experience of dimensional inspection of manufactured (machined/fabricated) products for the Aerospace or Automotive industry, a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and industry-leading, Global business has arisen.
Operating a rewarding internal culture built upon respect and empowerment, the company offer solid opportunities for development and growth as well as a fantastic working environment and competitive remuneration.
This is a permanent, full-time position on day shift (7.30am - 4pm, Monday to Thursday and 7.30am - 1pm on a Friday).
To be successful for the position, you will match the following criteria:
- A background in either the Aerospace or Automotive Industry -
- Knowledge of and experience with the finishing process and workmanship standards required for high-value, machined parts
- Experience of inspection from 1st principle,
- Experience with Shadowgraphs, Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, thread gauges, plug gauges, dial indicators, height gauges and bore gauges.
- CMM Experience - Operating/Programming (CALYPSO, COSMOS or Aberlink CMM)
- Experience with Optical scan instruments, Mahr Profile tester, Mahr Roundness tester
- Surface finish inspections
- CNC vision system
- Inspection of precision manufactured parts
- A relevant Engineering qualification
- GD & T knowledge, AS9102 - FAIR completion, Visual FAIR
As Quality Inspector, you will utilise your excellent communication skills and ability to work across several functional teams to complete the following duties:
- The inspection of supply chain products and process through the normal inspection system, including First Article inspection (AS9102)
- Provide support to the business in assisting with problem solving activities, engineering investigations and corrective action
- Quality control and inspection tasks including; General inspection of parts, both manufactured off site and on site, including supplier first article inspection
- Where necessary support engineering investigations for internal or external drivers
- Provide training to employees relative to interpretation of engineering drawings, work instructions, inspection techniques and proper application of gauging
- Encourage an environment f continuous improvement to attain elevated quality attitudes and superior standards of workmanship.
- In addition, you will have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
In return, you will receive a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work for a truly innovative firm who not only offer good opportunity for development, but also an excellent working environment and internal culture that is rewarding and supportive. Salary is dependant upon experience level, but will be discussed PRIOR to any CV submission to the client.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.