Are you a Quality Engineer with expertise in the Electrical Field? Are you looking to join a world class business within the Manufacturing / Engineering industry?
Our Cheltenham based client are seeking a Quality Engineer to help deliver timely triage and professional investigation and reporting of External product field complaints, trends and identification of Quality Improvement themes.
- Receiving complaints through the PLM system - taking ownership to undertake detailed warranty investigations and reporting through to timely conclusion
- Understanding the identified complaint, working with stakeholders to confirm diagnosis, containment and improvement activity along with the preparation and issue of professional reports
- Where necessary direct liaison with customers and key stakeholders to understand concerns, risks and deliver a timely conclusion
- Analysis of field quality data to identify improvement themes
- Active engagement and participation with improvement teams
- Encourage the use of Best Practice and appropriate problem solving techniques to eliminate root cause driving improvement activity
- Product testing to confirm failure mode
- Maintain, report and feedback Quality performance and improvement statistics
- Ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organisation
Your Experience, Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum HNC/D (or equivalent) in and Engineering related discipline, with ideally a background in Mechatronics, Electronics
- Proven background in Manufacturing Engineering / Quality Assurance with previous experience of the use of appropriate Six Sigma tools and techniques to identify root cause, containment and preventive actions to deliver product improvement
- Preferably a basic knowledge of metallurgy
- The ability to understand technical issues, technical drawings and literature
- Sound analytical, root cause approach to problem solving, negotiating and decision making skills
- Previous experience of timely resolution of External field / internal quality issues to prevent re-occurrence
- Ideally a competent certified Management Systems auditor QMS and EMS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational and multi-tasking skills who has a resilient and can-do attitude
- Full driving licence and current passport holder (limited international travel)
If you feel that this role may be of interest to you then please apply online with your CV for immediate consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot always come back with a response so if you have not heard from us within 7 working days then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.