Are you a technical, assertive and personable Quality Engineer with exposure to implementing or bringing forward change within a manufacturing environment? Would you like to take your career to the next step with one of the UK's leading Engineering companies? If so, our Gloucestershire based client are seeking an analytical and solutions driven Quality Engineer to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
- An in-depth knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS)
- Be a subject matter expert and a reference point for the rest of the business.
- Evaluate product quality and the processes used to manufacture them and identify and select solutions through the application of experience and specialist knowledge to make immediate judgements.
- Identify and select solutions through the application of experience and specialist knowledge to make immediate judgements.
- Take responsibility for making decisions regarding the quality management system. This includes whether to accept or reject any deviation to the standard.
- Actively ensure compliance with ISO9001/Product Engineering Department/ISO14001 and other relevant voluntary, regulatory/statutory requirements
- Lead small teams through continuous improvement activities, focusing on the elimination of root cause using problem solving techniques. (Corrective & Preventative Actions)
- Manage small projects to improve quality performance and scrap reductions
- Provide technical guidance and develop and apply best practice methods ensuring all changes are well received by stakeholders.
- Make recommendations' on continuous improvement opportunities to stakeholders.
- As a specialist in this field, train and advise production personnel and staff in processes and procedures relating to quality.
- Possess a strong understanding of the ISO9001:2000 quality system;
- Have a proven track record Mechanical or Electrical in Engineering ideally in a Quality related discipline;
- Possession of strong negotiation and influencing skills with which to challenge others using analytical data;
- Have a structured approach to work with good understanding of detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build a wide network;
- Have experience of using databases and be a competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must possess an analytical and assertive approach at all times
- It is essential to this role that the candidate holds a technical engineering qualification
- The ability to prioritise work to changing requirements.
- Ideally have experience using problem solving skills such as Fish Bone, 5 Whys, 8D etc
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply with your CV online or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.