Are you a Quality Engineer? Had experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to automotive or other vehicle assembly experience?
Our Cheltenham based client are seeking a Quality Engineer to join their award winning company on a full time basis for 3 months.
The role involves working cross functionally to identify quality defects, and implement corrective and preventative actions to improve process and product quality.
- Manage returns process and disposition of returned goods including ERP system processing, rework evaluation and interactions with Customer Service.
- Coordinate the return of items considered under warranty with the supplier and arrange replacement, repair or credit.
- Ensure all non-conforming items (including existing stock) are identified and isolated or disposed of in accordance with the procedure. Issue replacement items to the production line.
- Identify common themes and issues to focus actions in areas that will have the most effect.
- Work with Customer Service, Production, Engineering and Supplier to drive root cause investigation and corrective and preventative actions in response to quality issues including the implementation of poke-yoke.
- Perform manufacturing in-process inspections and audits to identify errors and quality defects.
- Development of product quality plans that support implementation of standard work and repeatable process, and early identification of defects.
- Conduct Quality Process Audits in support of ISO 9001 requirements.
- Compile and report quality performance data including supplier quality dashboards, in-process error rates, top 10 issues and corrective action / preventative action status.
- Occasional travel required to supplier or customer locations
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in manufacturing environment, ideally with automotive or other vehicle assembly experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and systems implementation experience.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Familiarity with geometric dimensioning and tolerance / ability to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications
If you feel that this role may be of interest to you then please apply online with your CV for immediate consideration or email email@example.com
Please not that due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot always come back with a response so if you have not heard from us within 7 working days then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.