A forward thinking UK manufacturer of quality automotive safety systems and harness products is looking for an experienced Quality Technician to work directly alongside the Quality Manager in a multi faceted role which will be 60% hands on/engineering and 40% admin/computer based. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the company's quality system in accordance with the current ISO9001 standard, whilst ensuring that the expectations of the customers are met.
- Manage the Quality attributes for the CRM System on a daily basis and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Product returns analysis and administration in line with the RMA Procedure.
- Analysing and reporting product faults internally and externally.
- Supporting customer services and manufacturing with product issues.
- Manage the supplier non-conforming rejects and returns.
- Maintain and oversee the monthly internal Auditing system.
- Maintain a good level of communication with all departments in order to provide feedback on the performance of the product range.
- Meet any other reasonable tasks set by the Quality Manager.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings in a mechanical assembly environment as well as physically inspect parts will be a day to day requirement.
- Be able to work as part of a team and also independently.
- Conversant in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Have an understanding of relevant industry standards ISO9001_2008 and legislation.
- High level of written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform to a high standard under minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to delegate and prioritise own work load.
- IT literate and fully confident in the use of Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge to a high standard.
- Ability to problem solve and think under pressure.
- Keen eye for details as well as logical thinking.
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30-1pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.