QC Inspector / Leominster / £17,000 to £18,500 pa
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a QC Inspector to join our client, a rapidly growing and well known Food Manufacturer, based in Leominster. Reporting to the Head of Technical, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure operational standards together with manufacturing practices and agreed quality standards are adhered to. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking duties as specified by the Head of Technical
- Being a team player, help and support members of the team(s) across all shifts
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of company Food Safety, Health & Safety, COSHH and GMP to eliminate accidents and non-conformances
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all Quality and Hygiene requirements, practices and procedures are followed to prevent sub-standard product reaching the customer
- Assisting the Head of Technical and production teams by undertaking audits of all produce in, testing and reporting on dry matter, soil percentage, defect checks, fry testing, tuber counts and sizes.
- Undertaking audits of all other raw materials used in the production processes against agreed specifications.
- Making recommendations on acceptance or rejection of raw materials based on the findings of test results.
- Undertaking periodic water sampling at defined outlets, recording results and reporting any non-conformances as appropriate.
- Performing salt and free fatty acid testing activity, recording results and generating performance charts.
- Sending items to laboratories for testing and reporting on test results received.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Conducting checks on new artwork as part of the NPD process.
- Completing, recording and reporting on numerous audits eg glass and plastic.
- Attending occasional site visits to co-manufacturers.
- Undertaking calibration routines.
To be successful in this role you will possess excellent communication skills, be able to listen to requests and complete tasks and have a keen eye for detail. You will demonstrate a positive attitude in the work place and you will ensure high standards are maintained at all times.
Commutable from Leominster, Hereford, Tenbury Wells, Bromyard, Ludlow and Kington.
For a full Job Specification or to apply, please call Bonnie Evans on 01432 261444 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.