QA Technologist / Leominster / £21,000 to £23,000 pa
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a QA Technologist to join our client, a highly reputable food manufacturer based in Leominster. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the primary purpose of this role is to support the Quality Manager in the maintenance, development and improvement of site Food Safety and Quality systems and standards. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining the QMS/HACCP system in line with legislative and customer requirements.
- Providing technical assistance to customers, consumers and colleagues throughout the business.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the site HACCP system.
- Conducting internal audits and spot checks to ensure compliance to the HACCP & Quality Management system and document control.
- Maintaining and develop the site documentation system.
- Validating and verify the quality and food safety systems.
- Investigating customer complaints, identifying root cause(s) and recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Undertaking internal non-conformance investigations.
To be successful in this position, you will have a thorough understanding of document and data control systems as well as a thorough grounding in BRC and quality systems. You will ideally be qualified to Degree level in Food Science, Chemical or Biological science and you will have also had basic Food Hygiene and / or HACCP training. Practical experience within a Food Manufacturing environment is essential.
Commutable from Leominster, Hereford, Tenbury Wells, Bromyard, Ludlow and Kington.
For a full Job Specification or to apply, please call Bonnie Evans on 01432 261444 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.