They are looking for a Purchasing Assistant required to join the Purchasing Team for our manufacturing client based in Bridgwater
- Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager for all aspects of purchasing and for day to day operational details
- Requesting quotes from suppliers for orders
- Place orders with suppliers for raw materials
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Checking invoices against despatch notes to ensure the products have been received
- Work closely with the warehouse and good-in department, to be aware of supplier deliveries and confirm they have been received correctly.
- Updating ERM systems
- Chase suppliers for expected delivery dates of orders
- Previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numerate with accurate attention to detail
- IT Literate
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi task
Working hours are part time covering 25 - 30 hours per week over 5 days.
This is a temporary contract which could lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.