If you have previous experience of working as a Purchasing Assistant or Junior Buyer, but are looking to join a fast paced environment that source and procure products globally, then we have a superb opportunity in Exeter available for you. Supporting the Purchasing Manager and Senior Buyer, you will develop strong relationships with your suppliers whilst dealing efficiently with the paperwork and computerised ordering of raw materials and components. A great opportunity to work in an attractive engineering industry, offering future potential career opportunities.
- Placing purchase orders for both finished, raw materials/components and services.
- Progressing and expediting of purchase orders with suppliers.
- Reviewing stock levels to ensure economic stocking of parts.
- Purchase order and supplier contract maintenance
- Support new product introduction
- Previous experience of Purchasing systems and Supply chain desirable
- Procurement or Supply chain qualifications such as CIPS advantageous
- Candidate should be focused, self-motivated, able to follow instructions and tenacious
- Role requires level of flexibility, strong analytical skills
- Candidate must have Microsoft Excel and Word Experience
- Free parking
- Additional holiday for Christmas shutdown
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30-5.00 / Fri 8.30-3.30
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.