On behalf of our Gloucester-based client, we are seeking a personable and pro-active candidate to fulfill the role of Purchasing Administrator. This is a temporary contract starting ASAP, but there is also a permanent position available within the team, which you would be considered for if you wished to apply.
Working as part of a busy team, during a peak period for the business, ideally you will have experience within a purchasing function, be able to communicate effectively across all departments and at all levels, and remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full time position, working 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am - 1.30pm on Fridays.
To administrate, collate and record all Supplier Agreements on the supplier register and act as primary contact for the New Supplier Setup Process.
To carry out a data input support activities for the Expediters and the Junior Buyer to help ensure that the ERP System is kept up to date with the latest delivery information to allow other departments to have the latest 'current' situations.
To aid the Junior Buyer raise non stock purchase orders as requested by the relevant departments, help with the purchasing administration as required.
To answer all incoming calls as required and deal with or direct queries appropriately.
- Reviewing supplier register to ensure all key suppliers have signed and returned the appropriate documents;
- Chasing & signing acknowledgements for non-stock orders.
- Progressing purchase orders and reporting on supply issues to the Junior Buyer.
- Check Pro forma invoices and obtain approval signature
- Check all GRNs for accuracy and full supply enter onto quality data base
- Point of contact for accounts on supplier invoice queries
- Warehouse booking in queries
- Amending dates on PO's and Subcontract jobs
- Issuing components to subcontract jobs
- Check GRNS and carry out any notification of mis-delivery
- Check job variances and close down subcontract jobs
- Internal requisitions: to ensure correct budget holder has signed them, raise orders, chase delivery with originator and book in
- Stationery requests and raising of stationary purchase orders
- Scanning, filing and administration of all purchase orders
- Filing for the purchasing department
- Answer telephone calls
- Pricing details update with the system and notify relevant parties.
- Aid with any other general administration as required.
Key Skills/Attributes required:
- Experience in a Purchasing department (Highly desirable)
- Able to communicate across all departments and at all levels
- Capable of working on own initiative and proactively as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Hard working, productive and can build effective relationships
- Confident with statistical analysis
- Creative, self-confident and assertive
- Remains calm in a fast paced environment
Hourly rate and salary will be discussed with suitable applicants PRIOR to any CV submission to the client.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.