Are you an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk with supervisory experience? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join one of our clients in Bridgwater, to co-ordinate and supervise the Purchase Ledger team to ensure that purchase invoices are processed correctly, and in a timely manner, and that suppliers are paid in accordance with company terms. The role involves supervising a small team of purchase ledger staff and ensuring that controls and procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensuring purchase invoices and credit notes are coded correctly and posted accurately and promptly
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Managing payments to suppliers
- Setting up new supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier queries in a proactive, prompt and efficient manner
- Managing the preparation and production of multi-currency payment runs on a monthly and ad hoc basis to ensure timely supplier payments and effective management of cash balances
- Reviewing and approving contra payments between the Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Facilitating smooth communication and interaction with internal departments and external suppliers on a day-to-day basis
- Reviewing and improving existing processes to reduce invoice processing cycle time, increase efficiency and streamline the running of the department
- Assisting with and supporting external audits
- Managing expense claims and reconciling corporate credit cards
- Maintaining an organised system for retaining and archiving supplier invoices and statements
- Reviewing debit balances and unpaid aged creditors on a timely basis
Successful candidates will need previous accounts experience ideally within a supervisory capacity along with good verbal communication skills and the ability to use their own initiative to find solutions. Knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Sage would be desirable and the ability to be accurate with a high level of attention to detail.
Salary is £20 - £24k depending on experience
Hours of work are 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.