We have an opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk for a 6 Month contract within our Client's finance team.
If you are motivated, methodical and accurate, have Intermediate level Excel experience and would like to work in fantastic, modern offices on the outskirts of Exeter then please apply now!
- To process purchase invoices, credit cards and expenses accurately in the accounting system and ensure suppliers are all paid correctly and on time.
- Purchase invoice processing
- Registering and processing invoices. This involves
- Receipt, code and post a high volume of invoices onto the purchase daybook (excel based).
- Confirm validity and accuracy of invoices.
- Obtain timely authorisation for invoices and expenses in accordance with the signing authority matrix
- Dealing with purchase ledger and expense related enquiries and resolving issues.
- Ensure all invoices are posted prior to month end close
- Supplier payment
- Prepare periodic BACS runs using the accounting software
- Processing cheque requisitions and other requests for payment.
- Ensure timely processing and control of monthly credit cards and expense payments
- Supplier statement reconciliations are performed regularly and any differences rectified in the ledger.
- Good educational standard - 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Language (Grade A - C) or equivalent.
- Successful experience in a purchase ledger role or similar relevant experience, providing support in a busy office environment.
- Knowledge and experience of payments and invoice processes.
- Understanding of VAT.
- Experience of working within a changing environment.
- Intermediate Excel skills including ability to link worksheets, sort and filter data, and use formulae.
- Microsoft Outlook (email programme) - ability to create, reply to and forward messages and attach Microsoft documents.
- Strong reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to use initiative to prioritise and organise own workload and to change priorities quickly to assist colleagues with priority work, whilst maintaining accuracy and with attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate improvements across all aspects of the administrative duties.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where new systems and procedures are developed and implemented.
- Team worker as well as being able to work on own initiative.
- Motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Organised, methodical and accurate
Working Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please call Mags on 01392 423301 or click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.