This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Company that is continually investing in its people and future and prides itself on delivering excellence and innovation to the data centre industry.
Ideally candidates will have direct experience of working within the Data centre industry or operating within a similar environment.
This is a 3 month contract based on a site in Grimsby.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Site Manager is required to initiate, compile, implement, monitor, control and revise as required or directed by the Senior Project Manager all Project documentation pertaining to Project documentation, including:
Project Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS), Project Health & Safety file, Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan in line with CDM regulations, which shall include liaising with and obtaining regular submissions of day-work / man hour records.
The Project Site Manager is also required to review and cross check drawings issued for Construction (IFC) in-line with site activities and the project programme, coordinating with the Project Manager(s), Senior Site Engineer(s) and the H&S Manager.
The role also requires a responsible and diligent approach to timely decision making when coordinating construction activities with sub-contractors, assessing RAMS of the activity whilst being able to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely day to day activities affecting the Project Programme.
A mature approach and sound diction is required when communicating with all stakeholders relevant to the role.
- Site set up
- Site Inductions.
- Processing of site documentation incl. Attendance registers, induction forms, permits to work, first aid forms, inspection reports/checklists, delivery notes & equipment summary forms.
- Co-ordination & supervision of site safety incl. Access/Egress, Signage, PPE, First Aid & Evacuation Procedures.
- Enforcement of necessary regulations on site e.g. CDM, Health & Safety at work etc.
- Co-ordination and supervision of all contractors, sub-contractors, scope of works and schedules.
- Co-ordination and supervision of all site welfare Facilities.
- Liaise with the project manager and update them with all necessary information on a daily basis.
- Regularly review current installation drawings and liaise with the Senior Project Engineer to mitigate impact to construction activities during any change control process.
- Develop and Manage relationships with Stakeholders or as directed by the Construction Manager.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and/or Quantity Surveyor as required for site set-up procurement's and replacements of consumables appropriate to the above scope.
- Co-ordination and supervision of equipment & deliveries, ensuring all appropriate documentation is received and recorded in-line with CDM requirements, Health & Safety at Work etc.
- Ensure high quality of works from all contractors at all times, reporting formally and tracking using NCR's as required.
- Constantly looking to improve on quality, installation, construction and performance.
- Implementation and Co-ordination of Site Waste Management Plans.
- To maintain up to date snagging lists through the entirety of a project and ensure these are actioned.
- Maintain a clean and safe site at all times.
Collate literature appropriate for the production of O&M manuals.
Essential qualifications relevant to the role :
Minimum NVQ 3 - Construction Site Management
Valid CSCS (or equivalent) Skills Card appropriate to this role
Valid First Aid At Work Certificate
Essential experience relevant to the role:
Excellent knowledge and understanding of H&S on Construction Sites
Excellent knowledge and understanding of Data Centre Construction and material handling procedures
Good knowledge and understanding of powered tools, plant and equipment used on Construction sites
Excellent communications skills, with good reading and writing skills
Excellent soft skills pertaining to MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and Project
Commercial Acumen relevant to the scope
Other desirable skills and experience required:
Valid Fork Lift or Tele-handler License
Engineering background either Mechanical, Electrical or Civil
Location: Site Based
Hours of Work: As per the Employment Contract
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.