Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years experience in demolition and construction project management to start ASAP.
This role is UK based and nationwide due to the travel between client sites.
Reporting to Head of Demolition and Contract Manager, your primary responsibility is for the delivery of the job on time, within specification, on budget and in line with strict health and safety standards.
Usually our PMs are supported by a team consisting of an admin, QS, SHE officer/s, site engineer, foreman, and contracts manager; however, the ultimate responsibility for all project related work and documentation resides with the project manager.
Your roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as role model to the project team
- Managing plant, transport, materials
- Ensure company and departmental procedures and policies are followed project team
- Provide day to day leadership, direction, and coaching to all project team
- Delegation of project roles and responsibilities to relevant team members and ensure they carry out their tasks to the highest standard.
- Day to day decision making and management of all project related issues
- Implementation of construction industry regulations on the project
- Ensure all documentation related to project is in correct order
- Preparation and reviews of relevant documents such as RAMS, RFIs etc.
- Knowledge and understanding construction contracts and their implementation
- Understand your project contracts terms and conditions
- Interface and liaise with the client, main contractor, subcontractors as well as with all HQ staff
- Regular reporting to Senior Management on costs, programme progress, targets, resource requirements
- Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- Although your qualifications are not as important as your experience and skills, a degree in construction, project management or civil engineering is an advantage
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. IDE, ICE, RICS, APM, CIOB is advantageous
- Over five years of experience of demolition / construction project management with clear indication of increased responsibilities throughout your career
- CSCS or CCDO and SMSTS is a must; any other qualification is a plus
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Strong commercial awareness and cost control ability
- Strong leadership skills
- Extremely good communicator
- Very comfortable using IT including, but not limited to: MS Office, Asta, Primavera, AutoCad
If you feel this role is for you with relevant skillsets and experience, please apply with a relevant, updated CV.
Interviews are to be conducted as soon as possible and will be in the Teesside area.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.