An exciting opportunity has come up for a hands-on Project Manager to support the workshop and drawing department of this well established furniture maker in Devon. Our Client manufactures custom made furniture for high end projects in the UK and abroad.
This is a position of considerable responsibility within the firm and would be well suited to an enthusiastic and energetic all rounder who would like the opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading bespoke furniture makers.
You will need to have a very strong technical background to ensure that you understand the processes that you are managing. As such the role is very hands on.
- Overseeing the preparation of the design and working drawings to ensure that they are ready for production to start on the date agreed.
- Client and site liaison.
- Ensure that the project proceeds in a timely manner to both meet the Company's cash flow expectations and the client's delivery/installation dates.
- To ensure that the goods are being made to the correct quality and specification. This will involve regular visits to our workshop which are on the premises and the workshops of our sub-contractors
- Create and circulate project programs and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Being extremely proactive and have the ability to predict potential problems in advance.
- Co-ordination of the drawings office, purchasing, production, delivery and site installation teams
- Ensure that project procedures are followed e.g. weekly project meetings and actions are carried out, Drawing office and workshop briefings, Checking on work in progress, Job sign off.
- Time served cabinet maker who has extensive knowledge of how timber and veneered furniture is made.
- Worked on site and understands how fully fitted furniture and panelling are incorporated into a building and the integration of M&E.
- Excellent people skills and a forceful personality. Confident working with the cabinetmakers and sub-contractors/installers and other stakeholders e.g. clients, architects, interior designers, main contractors, electricians and plumbers.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and with the written word in email, Word and Excel.
- Able to weigh up complex situations and choose the best course of action.
- Have experience in planning and project management.
- Be able to recognise and implement a very high quality result.
- 28 Days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Free parking
- Kitchen facilities
- Over time available
- Fabulous work location
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please call Paula Thompson on 01392 423301 or click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.