Would you like to work in beautiful Devon within the automotive sector, fully utilising your experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer? Then this could be your dream job: working across OEM, Performance and Motorsport, managing multiple projects from initial enquiry through to Job 1 plus 90 days.
Like the sound of it? Then please act now and apply for this exciting opportunity in a top UK manufacturer.
- Instigate, administer, manage and co-ordinate the planning, development and completion of OE programmes from initial enquiry through to Job 1 plus 90 days.
- Lead and manage resources of the 'Project Team' to ensure the successful achievement of Project time-lines, activities and customer expectations.
- Manage, communicate and complete new RFQ requests by fielding customer enquiries to appropriate internal teams, communicating project information to the relevant internal resources and compiling all necessary project information for presentation to the Key Account Manager.
- Act as administrative contact for OE Client-facing Project Management issues.
- Fulfil and exceed OE Customer project support expectations and requirements.
- Support Team members on or off-site with project lead information, details, planning.
- Ensure changing OE customer expectations are communicated to relevant Department Heads.
- Ensure changing OE customer expectations are recorded and administered correctly, via formal Project Management 'tools' and processes (i.e. in accordance with TS, using APQP, Project Plans, etc), including Risk Management.
- Ensure compliance to Company best practice and professional customer contact and presentation.
- Maximise the opportunity, turnover and profitability of new and existing accounts.
- Support the OEM Commercial team to achieve the above objective.
- Support the OEM Commercial team with the creation and management of BOMs/ Routes.
- Identify, lead and participate in continuous improvement activities to improve efficiency's and effectiveness within the company.
- Participate in customer meetings to support Project tracking/ milestones where relevant.
- Participate in Project and Contract reviews.
- Support preparation of customer and internal presentations.
- Support preparation of monthly sales forecast updates.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role within a manufacturing company
- Experience of Microsoft Project and use of Project Management tools, templates and processes (APQP etc)
- Excellent standards of communication, initiative and ability to build relationships
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
- Extensive knowledge of project management techniques
- Results oriented and organised with the ability to understand and carry out plans and meet objectives as agreed.
- Good level education in Maths and English
- Ideally educated to Degree level or with equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- This role is full-time and may require some travel.
Working Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs 8am-3pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.