Project Engineer - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for a Project Engineer to join them on the Platform Train Interface project on the 4 Lines Modernisation (4LM) programme, upgrading 4 major tube lines to increase tube capacity by 33% to help deal with London's ever growing population. The 4LM programme will provide new trains and a signalling system across the whole of the Sub Surface Railway (SSR). The infrastructure sub-programme is delivering the requisite infrastructure changes to enable this.
The Platform Train Interface (PTI) project is a risk mitigation and reduction project; the scope that is being implemented is to provide risk reduction scope on PTI as well as providing benefit against the increased PTI risk since roll out of S stock trains into passenger service on SSR and to support the ALARP position. The value of project is circa £40M with a core team of Project Management, Project Engineering, Cost Management, Risk, Planning and Safety staff. In addition, multiple multi-disciplinary teams provide technical, operational and maintenance input to the PTI team, spanning across the LU community.
The project includes Research and Development with novel engineering solutions being implemented as part of the works and is therefore an exciting and unique project to be a part of.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership, coordination and integration to meet key 4LM milestones associated with the delivery of complex infrastructure works. You will apply professional judgment to ensure that Engineering solutions deliver value for money whilst meeting all requirements and that process adopted are commensurate with the level of risk, complexity and scope of work. You will be the technical first point of contact for the allocated PTI project workstreams, you will identify and manage the planning and the output of technical resources providing support to the PTI Project.
The role of the PTI Project Engineer
The PTI Project Engineer will identify and assess opportunities to reduce risk through other planned works, both internal and external to 4LM, managing and preparing technical pre-gate 3 products including convening and chairing of design and progress reviews. You will convene and manage design reviews and seek endorsement from stakeholders for a single option/recommendation. The candidate will also take part in Risk Management Process, including identification, mitigation and control. The candidate will be responsible for engaging with all stakeholders, keeping them informed.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- As an experienced Project Engineer you will utilise your knowledge of railway systems in understanding emerging operational problems and identifying potential solution options. You will lead a team of Project Engineers, either directly or as embedded/call-off resources, whose work you will guide and co-ordinate.
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating the engineering aspects of the delivery of infrastructure assets such as signalling, track, P&C and power.
- You will help to ensure that works are traceable, economic and assured by the supp-ly chain. You will also be responsible for ensuring that variations, concessions and enabling works are handled according to SUP and corporate engineering management procedures.
- Good knowledge of Platform Train Interface research, risks, issues and mitigations.
- A degree and background in Engineering is required
- Good knowledge of LU railway configuration is required
- Good knowledge of LU Assurance process
- Good knowledge and experience of the Engineering lifecycle
- Experience in coordinating the input of a team of engineers in a multi-disciplinary environment
- An understanding from a systems prospective of how to develop and evaluate safe, cost effective solutions
- LU project engineer competency (i.a.w. R0046) would be beneficial
- Proven record of effective stakeholder management
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.