Project Engineer - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join them in their London office to take the Project Engineering responsibility for the implementation of the multiple Power LVAC enabling schemes on the 4 Lines Modernisation (4LM) Sub-Surface Railway upgrade, required in support of the new Automatic Train Control (ATC) system.
Working within the LVAC Project is a unique opportunity to be involved in one of the largest metro signalling upgrade programmes in the world today. The LVAC Project is a multi-disciplinary project with key emphasis on delivery of the Power/Electrical infrastructure. You will be responsible for all aspects of engineering delivery from concept through to delivery of the assets into service.
The successful candidate will support the Project Manager to achieve programme milestones and quality objectives, formulating and progressing the Project Management Framework (PMF) engineering deliverables throughout the delivery life-cycle, specifically design assurance deliverables. You will develop Engineering instructions e.g. scope of works documents, additionally process responses to supplier queries - requests for information. You will compile Assurance submissions, manage all Engineering issues as they arise, interfacing and instructing within the supply chain as necessary, advise on 'change' proposals and formulating change assurance evidence, including managing the update of key configuration information and managing the handover of new assets into maintenance.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Must be qualified at HNC or higher and ideally hold or be working towards the goal of Chartered Engineer status, must be an experienced Engineer.
- Good knowledge of the London Underground Environment, coupled with some previous Project Management experience.
- Understanding of LUL Power and Electrical infrastructure.
- The ability to work as part of a small team with Discipline specialists is important, as is the ability to coordinate the work of others within the team to achieve the project objectives.
- Significantly, you will be required to interface with many internal stakeholders and often take the lead in the managing of designs being undertaken by external design organisations.
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.