If you're a practical, hands on Mechanical Engineer with experience of Pneumatics and Electronics, wanting a job which is really quite different to the norm, this is an extremely exciting opportunity. The role involves regular overseas travel to developing countries to install, repair and train users on life saving specialist medical equipment. When in the UK (which will be for the majority of your time), you will work as part of a small, hands on team in a number of engineering capacities including test, development and assembly.
- Providing technical support to the company's sales, purchasing and production staff
- Trouble shooting and solving technical problems both within production and for customers based overseas.
- Overseas travel to install equipment and train customers. This will mainly be to developing countries (approximately for 3 months of the year and to predominantly developing countries).
- Attending overseas exhibitions globally
- Work on an expanding programme of new product development involving test and development
- Assisting in production and assembly
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- A sound knowledge of mechanical, electronics and pneumatic engineering to a minimum of HND level, ideally degree
- Excellent communication skills UK - driving licence essential.
- Some medical sector experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Confident communication skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to build relationships with new and existing customers
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.