You will predominantly work the 2-12pm shift (Monday to Thursday inclusive), in a busy production environment, supervising up to 15 Production Operatives. The company are an automotive engineering firm, and the facility is modern, clean and just off Sowton Industrial Estate so a nice environment to work within. If you are an experienced Production Shift Supervisor and you are responsible and enjoy a degree of autonomy, then this could be the ideal role for you.
- Working 2pm-12pm Monday to Friday, you will be responsible for 15 Production Operators and Assemblers and will be required to drive the performance of team members, giving direction and feedback to aid good performance.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and 'Standard Operations' adhered to.
- Through the utilisation of lean manufacturing techniques, strive to exceed the Company targets in productivity, efficiency and quality on a continuous basis.
- Report and act upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians. Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows.
- Monitor and maintain company Absence Control Procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels.
- Deal with personnel issues on shift in line with Company Policy and Agreements.
- Responsible for training of operators for products and processes within the team.
- Conduct incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Proven Production Supervisory experience in a lean, high quality, automated manufacturing or engineering facility.
- Team player - though capable of working on own initiative.
- Experience of dealing with demanding customers.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- People Person
- Time Management Skills
- Adapt to change and varying situations.
2pm-12pm Monday to Thursday, although an occasional requirement to cover alternative shifts (days only).
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.