A worldwide manufacturer based in Wellingborough is recruiting for a Production Segment Manager to join their innovative team working in a high mix, low volume environment.
As Production Segment Manager, reporting into the Production Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily management of 15-20 team members including a team leader.
- Assist production planners with developing weekly schedules (and longer term planning horizons) including efficient and timely processing of rush orders, specials, over dues and certificates / documents.
- Plan / organise the segment workload, ensuring efficient processing and on time fulfilment of all orders to planned due dates.
- Assist the Materials department by proactively flagging material low levels, safety stock and stock outs.
- Manage segment resource, holidays, sickness absence and overtime, ensuring the highest levels of flexibility required to achieve weekly output levels against a variable demand.
- Manage / monitor and control all segment processes, ensuring components and manufactured assemblies comply with company standards and work instructions / drawings.
- Manage process / efficiency improvements within segment, maintaining production methods that achieve a balance between accuracy, quality, efficiency and speed.
- Manage, maintain and seek to improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Departmental reporting as part of the Management team
- Manage quality of manufactured items within area of responsibility
- Reduce / maintain scrap levels to achieve company KPI expectation.
- Manage all segment non-conformances performing root cause analysis where required to drive improvement, efficiency, cost downs and reliability.
- Proven experience in a Production Supervisory role ideally within HMLV international manufacturing company
- HNC in Mechanical / Electronics or related discipline or Min 5 years work based experience in a similar role.
- High degree of ability to read / interpret drawings.
- Conversant with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of ISO9001
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Six Sigma / SPC / FMEA experience.
- General engineering / tooling / calibration knowledge
- Production experience in a small batch capital investment goods environment.
- Knowledge of KANBAN / material control techniques
Desirable Skills (but not essential):
- Experience of CMM inspection
- Experience of ISO17025 and UKAS calibrations
- Knowledge / experience of BS EN ISO 14732:2013 Approval Testing of Welding Operators
- Qualified to EN ISO 3834 - PCN Level II Welding Inspection
Salary: upon application
Benefits: 20 days holiday rising with length of service + bank holidays, pension, private medical insurance, death in service.
Hours: 7am - 4.15pm Monday to Thursday; 7am - 12 Noon Friday (40 hours per week)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.