Are you a highly experienced and effective Production Manager with a passion for lean, just in time manufacturing within a people centric, quality driven environment? Then this could be the ideal career opportunity for you! Our client is a British designer and manufacturer of wooden furniture, employing over 100 people and they are looking for a real 'people person' with a passion for business improvement and change management to help drive the business forward.
- Drive forward operational performance through continuous improvement, fully relying on your experience of working within a people centric production environment.
- To meet and exceed customer expectations delivering product on time and in line with the quality standards
- To make a high quality product in line with cost requirements
- Responsible for human resource requirements of factory personnel (c100)
- You will be degree level (or equivalent) educated with minimum of 5 years experience within a Production Management role.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working within the furniture manufacturing industry, and if not then you must have worked within a people centric culture (as opposed to a fully automated one). The departments you will be responsible for will include a large machine shop, assembly area, polishing department and packing.
- You will be a hands on, effective leader with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to develop others.
- Computer literacy and the ability to produce reports for presentation at Board Level will also be required.
- 27 days holiday,
- Bupa cover,
- Life insurance and a pension scheme.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.