If you have superb people management skills gained whilst working as a hands on Production / Manufacturing Manager of machined parts / products, then we have an exciting opportunity within a fabulous company in the South West. Our client is a global leader, and part of a global corporation, focusing on traditional manufacturing methods in a modern working environment. They are looking for a 'natural leader' to guide and steer a team of 80 production operatives.
- Ensure compliance with Company Health and Safety Policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Monitor and control labour costs to maximise efficiency and ensure that manufacturing capacities are aligned to Sales & Operational planning forecasts.
- Ensure the cost effective use of raw materials in the department and control consumables and miscellaneous spend.
- Ensure plant and equipment is adequately maintained and set correctly
- Ensure all areas of responsibility operate within the company quality procedures (ISO 9002) and develop a quality driven culture where employees understand the need to produce products and service right first time, on time, every time.
- Encourage good lines of communication and a working environment where all employees are involved and are aware of the latest developments.
- Ensure all employees are trained and multi-skilled to ensure maximum flexibility at all times, job satisfaction and safety.
- Ensure that respect for rules and regulations are high and maintain good levels of attendance. Handle discipline, grievance, performance and absence issues in accordance with company policy.
- Develop the company culture of open style of communication at all levels allowing a free flow of ideas and suggestions such that employees feel that they have a part to play.
- Ensure the manufacturing facility is maintained to world class standards by utilisation of 5S principles and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Good standard of education including high standard of numeracy and literacy
- IOSH working safely or equivalent.
- Substantial production management experience.
- Experience of disciplinary procedures, managing performance, motivating and leading teams and leading by example.
- Practical experience Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen
- Strong people leadership and communication skills
- Evidence of having delivered KPI's or having worked towards them.
- Report writing to include text, numerical data and graphics
- IT skills - Microsoft office including intermediate excel
- Previous experience of Management Information Systems
- Confident in giving verbal presentation to large groups
- Self motivated
- Profit based bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
Working Hours: Full Time 39 Hours per week
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.