Are you an experienced Production Controller / Scheduler with a confident manner, planning and logistics scheduling skills? Then we have a superb opportunity with a growing Exeter Engineering firm. You will join the company at an exciting time, in this newly created role which will enable you to really show off your skills and develop the role.
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate all production planning activities within the company. To include sub contract processes, sub-assemblies, finished goods & returnable packaging.
- Review/create/improve and monitor for effectiveness planning and logistic processes & procedures.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability as needed.
- Establish and advise inventory levels for components/sub-assemblies & finished goods in line with customer demand and budgeted stock holding provision.
- Review/plan & make improvements to internal/external logistic systems and processes.
- Co-ordinate and control all aspects of the internal planning of the assembly process, to ensure traceability and meet planned start dates.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure Work Orders are released and processed through the facility within the due date required.
- Liaise with production to ensure the work flow is kept constant.
- The ability to manage/mentor and develop people.
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in a Tier 1 Automotive company.
- An excellent working knowledge of MRP systems ideally AS400.
- A minimum of 5 year's experience working within a planning and/or production management role.
- Manufacturing/ Engineering Degree or equivalent working experience
- Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Good communication both written and verbal.
Working Hours: Mon - Thurs 9.00am - 5.30pm / Fri 9.00am - 3.30pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.