A traditional people-centric manufacturer of a high quality, luxury (yet essential) consumer product is looking for a talented and driven Production Manager. You will oversee 50+ staff and will be a hands on manager who works 'with and for' your team.
- Encourage good lines of communication and a working environment where all employees are involved and are aware of the latest developments.
- Ensure all employees are trained and multi-skilled to ensure maximum flexibility at all times, job satisfaction and safety.
- Ensure compliance with Company Health and Safety Policy, procedures and safe systems of work. Ensure that staff understand their responsibilities for health and safety.
- Monitor and control labour costs to maximise efficiency and ensure that manufacturing capacities are aligned to Sales & Operational planning forecasts.
- Ensure plant and equipment is adequately maintained and set correctly.
- Providing regular reports on the Units performance including executive reports and regular status reports (written, numerical and graphical)
- Develop the company culture of open style of communication at all levels allowing a free flow of ideas and suggestions such that employees feel that they have a part to play.
- Ensure the manufacturing facility is maintained to world class standards by utilisation of 5S principles and lean manufacturing techniques.
- IOSH working safely or equivalent.
- Experience of disciplinary procedures, managing performance, motivating and leading teams and leading by example.
- Company Pension
- Practical experience Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen
- Substantial production management experience.
- Good standard of education including high standard of numeracy and literacy
Working Hours: 9-5.30 Mon to Fri with some requirement for overtime
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.