This role requires providing support to all Administration Officers and Team Leaders within various parts of the Operations division in activities concerned with the production of publications. The successful candidate will carry out routine work within specified standards and timescales using general guidance often supplemented by more specific instructions.
The job role will include database management: updating, manipulating, maintaining, searching and extracting data from databases in support of production activities along with error checking to ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Good IT skills: word processing, spreadsheet, email and internet
- An understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or Navigation Systems
- The ability to learn and apply new software
- The ability to work accurately
- The ability to adapt to change in areas of work and processes
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience or familiarity of cartography, hydrography or oceanography
- Experience or familiarity with publication production
- Practical experience of using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or Navigation Systems
- Experience of manipulating and editing geographical and other digital data
This is a 6 month temporary position with an expected pay rate of £9.00 per hour.
If you are interested in this role please call 01823 334799 or send your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.