Product Support Engineer - Cheltenham
My client, a leader in providing steam solutions and renowned as a global presence with more than 1,300 dedicated industry engineers in 34 different countries, are looking for a Product Engineer to join their production team at their Cheltenham site.
A Product Support Engineer is needed to support, maintain and improve the design, cost and quality of the UK supply product range by conducting in-depth engineering investigations and implementing any project recommendations in a controlled and timely manner.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of technical calculations as well as experience of working in an engineering environment, using CAD and technical calculations.
- To support the design of the product ranges, ensuring that the engineering underpinnings are sound.
- To conduct product modifications within an agreed timescale, while ensuring it is thoroughly completed in every relevant department of the company.
- To contribute to NPI projects, applying detailed technical judgement to any design issues which may arise.
- To support the product's design by producing calculations/justification for a wide range of technical challenges with existing products.
- To manage the department's technical design files where appropriate, to ensure full compliance with the relevant standards, as well as maintenance of the technical data for future design reference.
- To ensure that projects are reported on adequately, so that future investigations can use the findings of previous projects without need to refer to the engineer directly.
- To practice continuing professional development and maintain industry knowledge through various formal/informal learning routes. This ensures that there is sufficient knowledge of both the industry and the products to ensure that any decisions or recommendations are technically sound.
- To manage their individual projects, ensuring they are well planned out, and conducted to the agreed timescale.
- To consistently deliver viable cost reduction projects to the business.
- To complete small-scale NPI projects where appropriate.
- Bachelor's-level technical degree qualification
- Experience of technical calculations such as PED or ASME
- Experience of CAD
- Experience of conducting or leading FMECA's
- Project Management
- Able to work effectively in open-plan office
- Able to demonstrate a high attention to detail
- Able to challenge orthodox thinking
- Able to set own timescales and work to them effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level with a company that prides themselves on competitive salaries, employee career development and providing a healthy work life balance.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact John Stocker on 0161 929 2287 or please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.