Do you enjoy a purchasing function, love developing supplier and internal customer relationships, feel you're a whizz on Excel AND possess a sound understanding of supply chain issues? Then this team based role could be just the next move you seek. It's a busy department where all of these skills will be fully relied upon and valued.
- Ensuring that vendor arrears are minimised and delivered on time and inventory targets are realised.
- Ensure the timely execution of purchase orders on the ERP system.
- Implementing, administration and monitoring of replenishment arrangements with suppliers.
- Administration of supply, costing and pricing discrepancies and their correction and on-going resolution.
- Regularly monitoring vendor performance and highlighting supplier performance issues to the wider supply chain team.
- Building relationships at all levels in the supply chain to ensure that the right product is available at the right time in the right place.
- Communicating with internal customers regarding the status of purchase orders, delivery schedules and product availability.
- Liaise with Finance departments to ensure payments are made correctly in a timely fashion, tracking Credit/Debit notes.
- Your Excel skills must be very strong (pivots, v-look ups)
- Procurement experience in a similar purchasing environment a must.
- Experience in raising purchase orders and managing supplier delivery schedules.
- Excellent prioritisation skills with an ability to plan and organise effectively
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- A methodical and structured approach to work.
- IT competence including Microsoft Office and advanced Excel user skills
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Membership into the company medical insurance plan (80% subsidised)
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.