The role is to ensures an effective and efficient e procurement service is provided to end users. Ensures all catalogues are processed correctly and usage trends are quickly spotted enabling achievement of cost savings. Influence end users and help to standardise and rationalise products and services. Assist senior staff to implement change to deliver for clients and continuously improve the service and enhance procurement expertise.
- Knowledge of procurement department procedures for catalogue management gained through on the job training.
- Level 4 of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- (CIPS) or equivalent procurement experience.
- Experience of using a "procure to pay" system e.g. Oracle.
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement processes.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and customers in a large organisation and track record of achieving significant cost reductions.
- Experience of obtaining competitive quotations.
- Experience of a customer service environment.
- Experience of working within the public sector and working knowledge of EU regulations.
- Good general standard of education including Mathematics and English Language.
- Commercial focus or business background/education.
- NVQ 3 in Supply Chain Management or Level 2 of CIPS
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.