An amazing opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager within the OEM Automotive sector to continue a challenging career in the heart of Devon.
A fantastic 'work / life balance' role in a dynamic manufacturing company who distribute their products globally across the automotive, rail, motorsport defence and specialist industrial sectors. You will manage the purchasing function on a day to day basis whilst ensuring an effective supply chain is maintained. You will lead all activities to improve the overall effectiveness of the company's supply-base and supply chain, whilst developing strong relationships with existing and new supply partners to provide the business with a secure and competitive group of suppliers for various commodity groups. The role is that of a Global Procurement Manager and our client is looking for a really dynamic head of Procurement with experience of the automotive, aviation or aerospace sectors to enable you to be 'up and running' as quickly as possible.
- To develop, manage, revise and implement strategies to create the most cost effective, efficient delivery of materials, products and services whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and control.
- To proactively develop and support the Purchasing Team on delivering Purchasing Goals for the businesses and local goals and objectives.
- To ensure that the performance of purchasing activities is high and effective, allowing world-class supply chains to be developed.
- Managing relationships with suppliers, ensuring they have appropriate business plans that support our client's cost, technology and continuous improvement requirements.
- To effectively forecast, plan, award and support the management of supply and service contracts.
- Develop the organisations Purchasing strategy.
- Experience of purchasing, supply management, logistics, manufacturing and engineering would be advantageous (particularly within the automotive industry, however, candidates from within the aviation or aerospace sector will also be of interest).
- Proven managerial experience in a similar role.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Advanced negotiation, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Contracts management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, man-management, motivation, delegation and decision making skills.
- Good level education in Math's and English.
- Degree educated would be preferable, as would a CIPS qualified.
Working Hours: 8am - 4.30pm Mon - Thur / 8am - 3pm Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.