An amazing opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager within the OEM Automotive sector to continue a challenging career in the heart of Devon.
A fantastic 'work / life balance' role in a dynamic manufacturing company who distribute their products globally across the automotive, rail, motorsport defence and specialist industrial sectors. You will manage the purchasing function on a day to day basis whilst ensuring an effective supply chain is maintained. You will lead all activities to improve the overall effectiveness of the company's supply-base and supply chain, whilst developing strong relationships with existing and new supply partners to provide the business with a secure and competitive group of suppliers for various commodity groups.
- To develop, manage, revise and implement strategies to create the most cost effective, efficient delivery of materials, products and services whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and control.
- To proactively develop and support the Purchasing Team on delivering Purchasing Goals for the businesses and local goals and objectives.
- To ensure that the performance of purchasing activities is high and effective, allowing world-class supply chains to be developed.
- Managing relationships with suppliers, ensuring they have appropriate business plans that support our client's cost, technology and continuous improvement requirements.
- To effectively forecast, plan, award and support the management of supply and service contracts.
- Experience of purchasing, supply management, logistics, manufacturing and engineering would be advantageous (particularly within the automotive industry).
- Proven managerial experience in a similar role.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Advanced negotiation, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Contracts management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, man-management, motivation, delegation and decision making skills.
- Good level education in Math's and English.
- Degree educated would be preferable, as would a CIPS qualified.
Working Hours: 8am - 4.30pm Mon - Thur / 8am - 3pm Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.