Job Purpose Responsible for supporting the Buyer with the procurement of materials and plant for Company Infrastructure Services
Health, Safety & Environment
Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
Company Culture & Values
To work and behave in a manner consistent with the Company Code of Conduct and to align activities and programmes of work to the Company AB and Policies and Procedures and the UK Purpose, Values and Culture.
- To minimise the cost of materials and plant supplied to Company Infrastructure Services
- Progressing the provision of materials and services to meet contract deadlines
- Raising of orders ensuring technical and commercial clause are included
- Support invoice resolutions
- To improve service level agreements with suppliers and internal departments
- Assist in the preparation of enquiry documents and adjudications
- Obtaining quotations for materials and plant
- Based at the Hampshire Head Office - Winchester Buyer
- Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Suppliers - For the negotiation, placing and expediting of orders
- Reports to: GCSE grades C and above or equivalent (incl. Maths and English Language).
- Competence in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint. Role Type Key CompetenciesWorks to understand customer and suppliers needs, to meet and exceed expectations and to establish and maintain longer term customer and supplier relationships. Awareness of internal and external business and commercial context of work. Demonstrates 'global' thinking, as well a local acting.Awareness of the organisation's strengths, weaknesses and competitive position in the market place. Demonstrates 'global' thinking, as well as local acting in developing and communicating objectives and strategies.Systematic and timely approach to decision making and problem solving. Critical analysis of information to identify key elements in an issue.High levels of personal drive and commitment. Effective goal setting for self and others. Endeavours to raise standards. Persistent and tenacious when faced with difficulties.The capacity to inspire and motivate others through skilful use of appropriate leadership style to suit team situation. Earning of respect through merit and the ability to act as a role model.The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The demonstration of effective listening and questioning to check understanding. The ability to persuade and influence others to gain agreement to and acceptance of ideas.The identification, allocation and monitoring of resources in order to achieve goals. Prioritising and scheduling objectives so as to optimise time, cost and quality.1 Procurement process management2 Supply chain/base analysis3 Risk and opportunity management4 Contract selection and legal5 Negotiation 6 Finance 7 Contract management (SRM)
- Establishing robust contract management and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) systems. Assessing contractual compliance of both parties, establishing appropriate and effective key performance indicators, managing any disputes in a timely, and effective manner, identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Undertaking a meaningful financial appraisal and assessment of risk. An ability to understand costing methods and valuation and analyse financial information. Conduct economic and financial analysis and ensure models provide insight into make or buy decisions and price negotiation strategies. Monitor and ensure compliance with Financial and Finance-related policy, and statutory regulations. Monitor customers' and suppliers' business/trading situation to avoid bad risks.
- Identifies and agrees division of value and risk with third parties. Plans the negotiating strategy, utilising leverage, identifying the risks, and developing options to close a contract successfully. Uses a wide range of influencing styles in order to execute negotiations with third parties.
- Drafting, negotiating, and agreeing clear, concise, and complete contractual documentation which identifies roles and responsibilities. An understanding of contract law and the ability to access and apply specialist legal and technical advice, in order to protect client's commercial position in such areas as liabilities, indemnities, insurances and warranties.
- Managing commercial, reputation, ethical and other risks associated with the procurement process to ensure that undesirable consequences of the risks are mitigated and opportunities realised. Ensure compliance with Code of Conduct and Sustainable Procurement policies. Use key skills required in selection and appointment of supply chain.
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies, including significant elements of the Category Management process. Ensuring all suppliers and subcontractors can deliver required SHEQ and Code of Conduct compliance and performance.
- Ensuring the effectiveness and continuing development of the procurement process
- Technical Profile: Key Competencies
- 7 Staff skills
- 6 Self management
- 5 People leadership
- 4 Results driven
- 3 Operational skills
- 2 Strategic thinking
- 1 Customer focus
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.