An international automotive supplier is recruiting for a Process Technician to join their team based in Sutton Coldfield. This role would suit a graduate mechanical engineer. Competitive salary and benefits on offer for the successful candidate.
As Process Technician you will be responsible for the specifications of the plastic injection processes and assembly machines, robots, health and safety and speed of the process. You will develop relationships with the suppliers and ensure the machines are to the right standards required. Working with the production and quality to ensure the work instructions are relevant and looking at 5S and lean manufacturing initiatives to improve the process.
Together with the manufacturing teams the process technician plays an active role in defining and modifying the manufacturing processes in line with the manufacturing demands and constraints. Main duties include:
- Drafting equipment specification documents
- Participating in quotation proposals
- Conducting tests, analysing results and implementing adjustments
- Assist manufacturing and logistics teams throughout the analysis and resolutions of quality issues and implementation of the overall procedures and operating instructions
- Monitor the project during the development stage, coordinate failure mode analysis for resources
- Maintain technical details of process data and introduce changes when required
- Continuous improvement of production processes: production capacity utilisation, waste elimination, implementing improvement strategies and tools
- Ideally a graduate in mechanical engineering, this will be your first step as an Engineer
- A recognised technical science qualification/ ideally mechanical/ electrical engineering
- Proactive approach to all internal and external communications
- Some previous experience working within manufacturing engineering is essential
- Experience of working within the automotive sector is highly desirable
Salary: £22-30k per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, quarterly bonuses, company sick pay, pension, income protection, health cash plan.
Hours: 8.15am-5pm Monday to Thursday; 8.15am-3.45pm Friday
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.