Principle Road Safety Auditor - Traffic & Highways - Central London
Our client, a large transportation organisation, are looking for 2x experienced Principle Road Safety Auditor to work on a contract basis in an established Highways Design Office in Central London, as well as various site locations, to provide support to the Principle Road Safety Manager in the undertaking of road safety audits and the monitoring of the changes in collisions and casualties on the London road transport network following implementations of traffic schemes.
Candidates must have a strong background in Road Safety Auditing and must be a member of SoRSA to be considered for the role.
Duties include; Leading and participating in teams to carry out audits on proposed or newly implemented highway, traffic management and redevelopment schemes.
Undertaking Road Safety Engineering including carrying out detailed collision analysis at individual locations as required.
Contributing towards the updating and development of the client's Road Safety Procedures.
Assist the Road Safety Audit Manager in ensuring the professional, individual and technical development of the Road Safety Audit Team members to ensure they are kept up to date with the latest procedures and design guidelines so they are fully empowered to carry out their role and establish an ethos of continuous improvement.
Assisting the Road Safety Audit Manager in the training and development of the Road Safety Engineering staff within the Roads Directorate to add to the pool of our client's expertise.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a similar subject, and proven practical experience of collision analysis and design
- Qualified to be a Road Safety Audit team leader in accordance with Road Safety Audit Procedures
- Membership of the Society of Road Safety Auditors (SoRSA)
- Thorough knowledge of the causes of road collisions
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, current technical standards and procedures relating to collision analysis, remedial or safety scheme designs and safety audit
- Knowledge of the Mayor of London's transport strategy
- Good stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated evidence of liaising at a senior level
- Good collaboration skills ensuring the team of Road Safety Auditors manage their client's expectations
- A good people manager, experienced in influencing within and outside their own team
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to work and think accurately in high pressure situations
- Current driving licence
- Fluent in MS Office (Word/Excel) and understanding of geographical information systems associated with the analysis of accident data
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Highways Consultancy market, working on the some of the most renowned projects in London.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.