Principal Engineer - Traffic & Highways Engineering - Major Schemes - Hertfordshire
My client, one of the most highly regarded multi-disciplinary consultancies globally, is looking for a Principal Engineer to join their Traffic and Highways Team that has one of the leading portfolio's of public sector schemes and projects throughout the UK.
This established dynamic team of traffic and highways engineers provides concept, preliminary, detailed design and network modelling on a wide range of major projects for local authorities, county councils, London Boroughs and TfL. Their success is down to the integral part this team plays when working with leading contracting businesses, offering a dynamic partnership that is ideal for complex transport, traffic, public realm and city space projects which require a full 360 design and build offering.
We are looking for experience engineers with a civils background that have traffic or highways engineering experience working on public sector projects, schemes or frameworks, with particular experience of traffic, cycleway, pedestrianisation, busway, public realm and major highways design and delivery projects.
- Act as a Project Manager and key player on major projects, including monitoring quality, programme and financial, performance systems.
- Manage, lead and develop junior staff, with junior staff reporting into you.
- Lead the design and assessment of a range of traffic engineering and local transport schemes, including preparation of design drawings, reports and technical notes.
- Ensure the technical content and quality of all outputs are in line with the project brief, design regulations and standards, approving the work of others.
- Share knowledge to ensure the wider team are up to date with current best practice, techniques and innovation.
- Support Senior Management of Traffic and Highways team including with recruitment.
- Prepare detailed client briefs and fee proposals and contribute to major bids.
- Help with the development of new and existing client relationships.
- A successful track record in the management and delivery of a portfolio of traffic engineering and local transport schemes through both preliminary and / or detailed design stages.
- Multi-disciplinary project experience as project manager/ task leader.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate detailed understanding and application of relevant design standards and regulations.
- Specialist traffic engineering knowledge, an appreciation of traffic modelling, design skills with 3D Design (MX or Civils 3D), Urban Design/Streetscape experience, Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2), and Highways asset management and maintenance knowledge - This is all Desirable!
It's a busy and exciting time for this established clients and we are looking for innovative engineers who can provide technical expertise, play a key role on projects and who can lead junior staff. This is an opportunity not to miss if you are based North of London in Hertsfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Bedforshire. We have outlined a market leading salary and benefits package, plus my client is known for prioritising a healthy work life balance.
Get in touch for a confidential discussion to find out more. Please contact John Tittley on 0161 929 3804 or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.