I am currently working on behalf of one of world's leading project development and construction groups. Their UK arm is one of the top contractors in the country, with a history of delivering projects in excess of £1 Billion.
Position: Principal Engineer
Location: South Wales
Package: £42,000 - £50,000 + Package
They are looking for someone to join their in-house engineering design team, who provide support to many of the different operating units within the company, working on a range of different projects. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the technical and commercial aspects of team performance, and also assist with achieving their ambitions for growth of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the co-ordination of designs, drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and supporting site and works information, technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes.
- Responsible for undertaking and signing off technical design checks, certifications and verifications.
- Engagement with the wider teams, Operating Units and Highway Contracts via the technical communities groups.
- Fostering client relationships by actively engaging with project teams and providing cost effective, practical and commercially focused solutions.
- Liaison with the Project Manager and utilising programming software to deliver successful projects to agreed time and cost expectations.
- Resource planning and co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams, including sub-consultants as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
- Ensuring legal compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Training and developing team members covering areas such as technical, project management, commercial awareness and soft skills/behaviours.
The Successful Candidate:
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer or a suitably experienced engineer working towards achieving professional qualifications
- Evidence of leading multi-disciplinary projects that achieve customer's programme, cost and quality expectations.
- Extensive experience in drain and sewer rehabilitation techniques, including the specification of remedial works.
- Extensive design and construction experience in the highway sector including drainage, pavement and alignment design.
- Experience of commercial awareness in the delivery of projects.
- Extensive experience of Highways Agency standards such as the DMRB and MCDHW.
- Extensive experience of preparing contract documents for Highways and Multidisciplinary schemes.
- Previous experience of utilising design software such as Bentley MX, Key Signs, Key Lines and Micro drainage desirable.
- Experience of undertaking the design, detailing, and specification of drainage infrastructure for building structures projects.
- Evidence of developing and mentoring engineers and technicians.
- Working knowledge of design resource planning and programme management.
- Evidence of managing Health & Safety in design and construction.
- Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience of the NEC suite of contract documents and contract administration.
- Willingness to work in other UK offices for short term assignment
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.