Power Specialist Engineer - Rail - Central London
Our client, London's leading transport provider, are looking for a Power Specialist Engineer to assist with providing Engineering support and assistance in the design of Electrical Power systems for a major upgrade to the London Underground network.
The successful candidates will be based out of the Central London office and will be responsible for providing specialist power engineering support and input to ensure that requirements for the design of new works and the operation and maintenance of power assets are being adequately and effectively fulfilled by the major contracting organisations involved with the project. Other duties will involve carrying out inspections and audits, providing critical reviews and follow up actions. This role covers a full range of power assets and involves objectively measuring compliance together with the proactive resolution of technical matters to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects to time, budget and quality to meet the needs of the client and their customers.
Candidates will have a minimum of 7 years experience in power engineering in conjunction with an Engineering Degree and must be of chartered status or working towards chartered status. Candidates must be able to provide specialist experience in railway power system design. This role requires full working knowledge of dc and high voltage transmission and distribution plant including transformers, cabling systems, switchgear and ancillary plant.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Chartered Engineer status
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Power Engineering
- Specialist railway power system design and construction experience
- Working knowledge of maintenance techniques and good industry practice
- Knowledge and capability to carry out quality inspections and site investigations
- Preferred experience gained on London Underground projects
- Computer literate
- Good communicator across all levels
- Good analytical skills - Able to objectively investigate problems, propose solutions and maintain balanced judgment under pressure
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in London's Transportation market, working on the some of the most renowned projects in the capital.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.