Our Client is a global manufacturer with facilities throughout EMEA and they are looking for PLM Data Analysts to assist in the global migration of data worldwide. You will be based in Cheltenham and take responsibility for extracting information from a variety of documents, converting to structured data and ensuring that it is ready for migration to the PLM Solution. Ideally, you will have proven experience within a PLM environment, but other forms of data migration maybe considered.
- Assessing the current state of product related information (data and documents) for each business unit (in scope) within the group.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, functional managers, the PLM Programme Team and IT to identify, define, collate and document the business requirements for document and data migration.
Data/Document Cleansing & Migration
- Develop robust methods of error checking and verify accuracy of data ready for migration.
- Data / document cleansing & preparation (Identify - Locate - Sort - Cleanse) to minimise data migration burden and business disruption.
- Identify and implement standardisation of process operations where possible.
- Ensure that product info (data and documents) are successfully migrated (extracted, transformed and loaded) into the PLM solution, in line with agreed implementation plans.
Ongoing Data/Document Management improvements & Information Management Policy
- After the successful implementation of the PLM Programme release 1, you will be part of the supporting team co-ordinating the assessment and implementation of changes. In addition, they will contribute to the definition and delivery of successive implementation releases.
- Extract information (contained within documents) and convert to structured data, ready for migration.
- Retire many of the current legacy systems and migrate the product related information (data / documents) to the new PLM Solution.
- Own and manage the Master data that will be used company wide.
- Develop Policy and plans to ensure that we continue to actively manage product related information.
- Management reporting and Data quality improvement.
- Proven track record for achieving results
- Good working knowledge of data cleanse, ETL and de-duplication tools and technologies
- Experience of working in a specialist data / migration role, preferably PLM related.
- Understanding of product related information and how it is used by the business.
- Proven understanding of methods of converting unstructured information into structured data / docs.
- Experience of successfully setting the strategy for, managing and executing document and data cleansing and migration projects, preferably working with PLM.
- Experience of successfully implementing Master Data Management and data quality improvement efforts, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Experience of the design and development of data governance roadmaps, data quality processes / best practices and data management solutions.
- Experience of mapping the systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management.
- Able to resolve issues independently only escalating when necessary in an appropriate manner.
- Enthusiasm, results focused and resilient in the face of resistance.
- Pragmatic and solution orientated.
- Attention to detail without losing the bigger picture.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Current passport, full drivers licence.
- International travel (e.g. FR, US, IT, China).
- Flexible enough to work to altering deadlines and priorities as required.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.