My client is looking to recruit a small number of platers / fabricators for an ongoing contract with the potential to a permanent contract after 13weeks.
The company is based in Darlington and is a reputable growing business with the capacity to fabricate and fix.
We are looking for Platers / Fabricators that come from a structural steel back round ONLY as we would like time served candidates who will be able to pick up pace immediately.
Structural steel and plate fitters will be able to fabricate structural components for buildings, bridges and other load-carrying structures, railings and staircases.
You will be required to:
- review drawings and discuss them with management or the customer
- plan the sequence of tasks and decide how to cut the steel most efficiently
- determine the materials required and obtain them from stock
- develop and/or mark patterns if required
- use metal-working machines and cutting torches to cut steel, drill or punch holes, and roll, bend or press steel into the desired shapes
- assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete
- fasten components together (by mechanical means or tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process
Your working hours will be:
Monday - Friday - 45.5 hours - Basic rate
After 45.5 hours - Time & Half
Saturday - Time & Half
Sunday - Double time
There is plenty of opportunities for overtime.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.