Planner (Stations and L&E Asset Management - Transportation - Central London
Our client is currently looking for Planner with experience of London Underground stations, lifts and escalators Asset Management to join them in their Central London office on a 6 month contract. This role requires someone with Planning experience, preferably gained on the London Underground network dealing with stations, lifts and escalators. Experience of whole life cost modelling, data analysis, reporting and knowledge of Excel and Primavera is essential for this role.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the development and execution of Asset Group Strategies (AGS) and Asset Management Plans (AMP) that will improve the overall management of London Underground's Stations, Lifts and Escalators.
Key accountabilities include; Contributing to the development of asset strategy and plans. Work with and monitor project and maintenance implementation provided by others. Provide detailed analysis of asset cost, performance and degradation trends and behaviours to inform strategies and plans. Proactively develop positive working relationships with all areas of the business, with particular emphasis on building relationships with operational colleagues to ensure that change programmes correctly meet the needs of corporate objectives. Manage asset data sets and decision support tools. Providing advice to Management on potential policy issues. Utilise the output from all relevant models, systems and datasets that allow London Underground (LU) and Strategy Directorate to quantify impacts of alterations to the delivery of the AMP. Monitor and report on asset risks and dependencies. Provide input to annual maintenance plans where required. Assist Asset Management through provision of technical administration
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Knowledge of public transport issues in general, the structure of the public transport industry and the characteristics of the London travel market (essential).
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field or equivalent experience (desirable).
- An understanding of the principles of Asset Management and Whole Life cost principles (desirable)
- Knowledge of the company's approach to investment, resourcing and allocation of money, together with business case assessment methodology - i.e. the principles and investment appraisal tools and techniques by which decisions are made and executed (desirable)
- An understanding of the key LU asset types and how these interact to deliver business benefits.
- An understanding of business planning processes in terms of asset cost, risk and performance (desirable).
- Good understanding of investment appraisal tools and techniques (essential).
- Good written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Ability to work efficiently, consistently and with a flexible approach (essential)
- Ability to interpret and use different information sources and communicate
This is an outstanding opportunity to work on the some of the most renowned projects on the London Underground network.
If this role is of interest please get in touch as soon as possible as the role is likely to fill quickly. For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.