Meridian Business Support is actively recruiting an experienced Planner for a leading manufacturing organisation in their sector.
The successful post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of planning product lines with particular emphasis on ensuring that demand is accurately aligned to the production plans.
This position is a demanding role and therefore requires quick reactions and resolutions in demand to support the teams. Inventory is managed and controlled by customer demand, slow moving stock and therefore inventory is reduced quarter by quarter without any impact on customer deliveries.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring external customers are updated on a weekly basis of the daily shipment plans and update issues to the customers on a daily basis.
- Communicating the planning issues and flow down of information to the operations and cross functional departments through the daily meetings.
- Be made accountable for ensuring order entry is in line with customer demands
- Maintain version control documents linked to actual and forward demands
- Co-ordinate the flow of purchase orders to support outworking routes
- Review schedules (developed by logistics planners) to sub-contractors to support production plans, by daily monitoring and weekly meetings.
- Ensure accurate information is transmitted through the various forms of communications with sub-contractor contacts by logistics planners.
- Manage SAP for planning and scheduling resources:
- Raise process orders on internal system
- Raise recovery cards in line with actions
- Create and amend purchase orders for sub-contractor work
- Manage goods issue to shop floor
- Monitor and review inventory for material
- Support documentation and shipping process
- Ensure products are maintained to support correct BOM's and cycle times
- Manage orders to Sub-contractors and send weekly schedules. Daily communication to subcontractors to ensure flow of material is accurate.
- Review product cycle times on a monthly basis and distribute data for review and recommend suggestions for improvement
- Record delivery on time on all product lines and record information on root cause for delays to discuss and take action to drive delivery on time
To be considered for this position, Candidates MUST be experienced in a Planning role within a Manufacturing industry. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of inventory management and have strong knowledge of SAP.
Other essential requirements include:
- PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Determination to succeed in a deadline driven environment
- Accredited qualification in Logistics/Planning preferred
- Experience of working within a matrix environment
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.