Finance Assistant - Newton Abbot - Salary £20,000 - £22,000 Depending on experience
Our Client prides themselves on outstanding customer experience and service with quality products to match. They now require an experienced Finance Assistant to cover sales and purchase ledger, month end activities, analytical work and payroll.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Finance & Administration
- Calculate Royalties and Commissions
- PayPal reconciliation and process fund transfers
- Assist with weekly and monthly supplier payment runs
- Prepare, submit & record monthly Intrastat Declarations and quarterly UK VAT returns
- Prepare and post royalties accrual
- Create and maintain contracts for administrative services, events, insurances, licences, office equipment and various other agreements
- Provide adhoc analysis for the Finance Manager as and when required
- Provide support for the purchase ledger function through processing invoices at peak times
Sales Ledger processing
- Process customer payments and refunds by card or PayPal, paying in BACs payments and managing direct debit collections
- Perform monthly customer statement runs by email and post
- Monitor and chase debtors - including chasing payment, raising interest charges and issuing court proceedings.
- Maintain various records of credit control figures including monthly receivables position and debtor days
- Set customer credit limits and re-assess them when necessary
- Ensure customer European VAT numbers are registered for intra Community use
- Process monthly Payroll including processing leavers P45s and final payments
- Update and maintain all staff data held on Sage Payroll
- Create monthly payroll journal and post to internal system incl. Bonus accrual
- Process Payroll year end including submission of P60/P14, P11ds and other reports as required
- A team player who is willing to adapt to the needs of the department
- Good customer handling skills - especially for difficult customers and debt chasing
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- A good knowledge of all Microsoft Packages - must have a good working understanding of Excel
- Highly organised and able to prioritise a diverse workload
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- General accounting experience important but specific experience of payroll or credit control not necessary, a willingness to learn is important.
- Must be able to work easily within a team and from one's own initiative
- Maintain a professional manner
- Must be proactive
Salary - £20,000 - £22,000
Working hours - 8:30am - 5pm
Holiday - 22 days + bank holidays
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.