My client, a market leading Aerospace manufacturer has an opportunity in the payroll department reporting to the Payroll Manager. The position will be part time 25 hours per week (Monday - Friday 5 hours per day), hours of work to be agreed with the candidate.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the time and attendance system and ensuring that the required payroll data is transferred to the Payroll system for both weekly and monthly payrolls and complete the payroll process. Responsibility for carrying out any payroll amendments to the weekly and monthly payroll.
Prime Duties and Responsibilities will comprise of:
- Processing the entire payroll start to finish for Weekly and Monthly payroll
- Process tax code changes, student loan deductions, SSP,SMP, SPP etc
- Pay elements include: Salaries, Bonuses, deductions and pensions
- Process Starters and Leavers issuing P45's when required
- Maintaining Time & Attendance systems, including manual sickness records
- Holiday account reconciliation using T&A software and intranet system
- Sorting and organising client paperwork and documents logically and accurately, for example timely preparation of insurance claim forms.
- The individual must have at least 3 years payroll experience and have an understanding of Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, Shared Parental Leave
- Individuals must have exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal, and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships and influence others.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and highly organised whilst working to tight deadlines, strong ability to manage time and tasks
- Self -starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can demonstrate the ability to use own initiative and drive change
- Knowledge of dealing with Employer Year End processing - issuing P60's
- Knowledge of new government legislation such as auto-enrolment; Real Time Information, and be prepared to attend and keep up-to-date with legislative changes.
- Ability to work autonomously and is highly organised and methodical
- Experience of using SAP, Frontier Payroll and automated T&A Systems would be desirable
This is initially a temporary position but will turn permanent for the right candidate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.